Boston(City, Boat, Freedom Trail, Waterfront and Skywalk), MA, US(Visiting Place) - 53 Pictures
Sample pictures with Nikon DSLR.
Latest USA news
Please click on the image to see bigger image with slide show. The pictures are showed in different pages(Ex: 54 per page). Once you enjoyed the current page pictures, you have to close the slide show and click the next page number for other pictures. If you have more than 10 pages then you will see only 10 page links at a time. When you are moving to next page then you will that page numbers are moving towards the end. You have options to move next or previous or to stop the slide show. Original image/video quality and size are reduced due to the space and loading issues.
Video Description - Published on Jul/11/2010
Boston is the largest city in New England, the capital of the state of Massachusetts, and one of the most historic, wealthy and influential cities in the US. Its plethora of museums, historical sights, and wealth of live performances, all explain why the city gets 16.3 million visitors a year, making it one of the 10 most popular tourist locations in the country.
The neighboring city of Cambridge (just across the Charles River, home to Harvard and MIT) is part of the larger urban area and an essential addition to any visit to Boston.
Boston is regarded as the unofficial "Capital of New England" for its economic and cultural impact on the entire region. Greater Boston is the 10-largest metropolitan area in the country.
During the late 18th century, Boston was the location of several major events during the American Revolution, including the Boston Massacre and the Boston Tea Party. Several early battles of the American Revolution, such as the Battle of Bunker Hill and the Siege of Boston, occurred within the city and surrounding areas.
After American independence was attained Boston became a major shipping port and manufacturing center.
The city was the site of several firsts, including America's first public school, Boston Latin School (1635),and the first subway system in the US.
Boston is a center of higher education and a center for medicine. The city's economy is also based on research, electronics, engineering, finance, and high technology - principally biotechnology.
The city has been experiencing gentrification and has one of the highest costs of living in the US, though it remains high on world livability rankings.
* Boston Children's Museum, 300 Congress St.
* Museum of Fine Arts, 465 Huntington Ave.
* The Collection of Historical Scientific Instruments, 1 Oxford St,, Cambridge.
* Harvard Art Museum, 32 Quincy St., Cambridge.
* Harvard Museum of Natural History, 26 Oxford St., Cambridge.
* Institute of Contemporary Art, 100 Northern Ave.
* Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, 280 The Fenway.
* MIT Museum, 265 Massachusetts Ave., Cambridge.
* Museum of Science, Science Park.
* New England Aquarium, Central Wharf.
* Mapparium, 175 Huntington Ave.
* Peabody Museum of Archeology and Ethnology, 11 Divinity Ave., Cambridge.
* Semitic Museum, 6 Divinity Ave.Cambridge.
* USS Constitution Museum, Charlestown Navy Yard.
* Warren Anatomical Museum, 10 Shattuck St.
* Boston waterfront/Harbor
* Boston Duck Tours - See Boston by land and by sea
* Arnold Arboretum, 125 Arborway.
* Boston Harbor Islands State Park.
* Newbury Street Eight blocks of high-end boutiques, hair salons, and galleries.
* Boston Common and Public Garden.
* Community Boating.
* Freedom Trail. A 2.5 mi. (4 km) walking tour of 16 historic sites that begins at Boston Common, goes through downtown Boston, the North End and Charlestown, ending at the USS Constitution. Sites include the old State House, Faneuil Hall, Paul Revere's House, and the Old North Church. The Freedom Trail connects to the Boston Harbor Walk. The Freedom Trail is marked by a line of red paint or red brick in the sidewalk. The beginning of the trail is accessible on the Green Line or the Red Line from Park St station. However, all the lines are convenient at various points along the way, via several downtown stations.
* Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market, downtown Boston.
* Boston By Foot. 77 North Washington St.
* Copley Square. Take a Duck Tour.
* New England Conservatory.
* Prudential Center Skywalk Observatory. Prudential Center.
* Sam Adams Brewery Tour.
* Harpoon Brewery Tour.
* Cape Cod Scenic Tours (Sightseeing Tours).
City(s) = Boston; State(s) = MA; Country = USA.
Title = Boston(City, Boat, Freedom Trail, Waterfront and Skywalk), MA, US - Pictures.
Keywords = Boston, City, Boat, Freedom, Trail, Waterfront, Skywalk, MA, US, Pictures, Video, ourtripvideos, our, trip, videos, crlapindfrn, New, England, Cambridge, Charles, River, Harvard, MIT, American, Revolution, Massacre, Tea, Party, Children, Museum, of, Science, Aquarium, USS, Constitution, Harbor, Duck, Tours, Common, and, Public, Garden, Copley, Square, Prudential, Center, Observatory
http://wikitravel.org/en/Boston - Boston - Wikitravel
http://www.bostonducktours.com/ - Boston Duck Tours
Boston(City, Boat, Freedom Trail, Waterfront and Skywalk), MA, US - Related Video Pictures