Montauk Point Lighthouse - the oldest lighthouse in New York State. The Lighthouse was authorized by the Second Congress, under President George Washington, in 1792. Construction began on June 7, 1796 and was completed on November 5, 1796. This historic landmark has been part of Long Island's land and seascape for over 200 years and still serves as an active aid to navigation.
This beautiful historic Montauk site plays frequent host to wedding ceremonies and other special events. Group and school tours (20 or more) are available on a year round basis at the Montauk Point Lighthouse Museum.
Montauk Point Lighthouse, 2000 Montauk Highway, Montauk, NY 11954.
* Fourth oldest active lighthouse in the United States
* Foundation is 13'deep and 9' thick
* Constructed of sandstone blocks from Connecticut, 8" high and varying in length from 18" high to 44"
* The walls are 6' thick at the base tapering to 3' thick at the top
* The height of the tower is 110' 6"
* There are 137 iron steps to the top of the tower
* The light flashes every 5 seconds and can be seen a distance of 19 nautical miles.
* Kirk Park Beach, S. Emerson Dr. - Montauk, NY.
* Ditch Plains Beach, Ditch Plains Rd. - Montauk, NY.
* Hither Hills State Park, Old Montauk Hwy. - Montauk, NY.
* Gin Beach, East Lake Dr. - Montauk, NY.
Latitude: 41.072 Longitude: -71.858.
>City(s) = Montauk; State(s) = NY; Country = USA.
>Title = Montauk Point Lighthouse and Beach, Montauk, NY, US - Video.
>Keywords = Montauk, NY, Point, Lighthouse, and, Beach, US, Light, house, oldest, New, York, State, Second, Congress, President, George, Washington, historic, landmark, Long, Island, Highway, Kirk, Park, Ditch, Plains, Hither, Hills, Gin, ourtripvideos, our, trip, videos, crlapindfrn (213)
>Catg = Beach [Ocean City/Miami/VA Beach]