Austin is a city of over 700,000 in the Hill Country region of Texas. Its the capital of Texas and a college town, and also a center of alternative culture away from the major cities on the American coasts, although the city is rapidly gentrifying with its rising popularity. Austins attitude is commonly emblazoned about town on T-Shirts and bumper stickers that read: Keep Austin Weird. Austin is also marketed as the -Live Music Capital of the World- due to the large number of venues.
Distance to nearest cities :
199 mi ~ 3 hrs 9 mins from Dallas, TX
80.5 mi ~ 1 hr 20 mins from San Antonio, TX
193 mi ~ 3 hrs 26 mins from Houston, TX
It is the 4th-largest city in Texas and the 15th-largest in the US.
The area was settled in the 1830s on the banks of the Colorado River by pioneers who named the village Waterloo. In 1839, Waterloo was chosen to become the capital of the newly independent Republic of Texas. The city was renamed after Stephen F. Austin, known as the father of Texas.
The city grew throughout the 19th century and became a center for government and education with the construction of the Texas State Capitol and the University of Texas. Today, Austin is home to many companies, high-tech and otherwise, including the headquarters of three Fortune 500 corporations, Dell, Whole Foods Market, and Freescale Semiconductor.
Austin was selected as the No. 2 Best Big City in Best Places to Live by Money magazine in 2006, and No. 3 in 2009, also the Greenest City in America by MSN.
According to CNN Headline News and Travel & Leisure magazine, Austin ranks No. 2 on the list of cities with the best people, referring to the personalities and attributes of the citizens. Austin was also voted Americas #1 College Town by the Travel Channel. Austin was ranked the fifth-safest city. Furthermore, in 2009, Austin was determined to be the least stressful large metro area by Forbes magazine.
Residents of Austin are known as Austinites and include a diverse mix of university professors, students, politicians, musicians, state employees, high-tech workers, blue-collar workers, and white-collar workers. The main campus of the University of Texas is located in Austin. The city is home to enough large sites of major technology corporations to have earned it the nickname Silicon Hills.
ఆస్టిన్ పట్టణము, టెక్సాస్ రాష్ట్ర రాజధాని. పెద్ద నగరాలు డల్లాస్, హుస్టన్ లు కూడా ఈ రాష్ట్రంలో నే ఉన్నాయి. స్టీఫెన్ ఆస్టిన్ అనే ఆయన గౌరవార్ధము ఆ పేరు పెట్టారు. నివసించటానికి మంచి పట్టణం, అన్న అవార్డు కూడా పొందింది.
* University of Texas at Austin, is a beautiful stroll. While there you might want to visit the Blanton Art Museum, The Harry Ransom Center , or Texas Memorial Museum of Science and History . The famous tower has reopened and is worth a look for the breathtaking views and history lesson.
* LBJ Presidential Library, always seems to have something interesting on display. They change their exhibits fairly frequently.
* The Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum, 1800 N. Congress Avenue, M-Sa 9AM-6PM, Su Noon-6PM.
* The Texas State Capitol, is a must-see for new visitors to Austin.
* Austin Bats. Austins Congress Avenue bridge is home to about 1.5 million Mexican free-tailed bats.
* Town Lake Boat Rental Rent a canoe or kayak and enjoy the natural world in the heart of the city.
- Austin Rowing Dock, 2418 Stratford Drive.
- Zilker Park boat rentals.
* Austin-City of Recreation: Barton Springs Pool Office,
2201 Barton Springs Road, Austin, TX.
* Blanton Museum of Art, The University of Texas at Austin
MLK at Congress(200 East MLK), Austin, Texas 78701.
* Texas Memorial Museum & Natural Science Center, 2400 Trinity Street, Austin, TX.
* Austin Children Museum, 201 Colorado Street, Austin, TX.
* French Legation Museum, 802 San Marcos Street, Austin, TX.
* Zilker Park, 2201 Barton Springs Road, Austin, TX.
* Mount Bonnell Park, 3800 Mount Bonnell Dr, Austin, TX.
* Austin Zoo, 10807 Rawhide Trail, Austin, TX.
* South Austin Museum of Popular Culture, 1516B South Lamar Boulevard, Austin, TX.
* Austin Museum of Art, 823 Congress Avenue, Austin, TX.
* Capital Cruises, 208 Barton Springs Road, Austin, TX.
* Mc Kinney Falls State Park, 5808 McKinney Falls Parkway, Austin, TX.
* Austin Duck Adventures Inc, 300 Pressler Street, Austin, TX.
* Austin Overtures Sightseeing Tours, 209 East 6th Street, Austin, Texas, TX.
* Lone Star Riverboat, 210 Barton Springs Road, Austin, TX.
* The sights of Austins nightlife on 6th Street.
* Austin City Limits Music Festival with view of stages and Austin skyline.
* Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium, home of Texas Longhorns football.
* Austins Deep Eddy Pool is the oldest man-made pool in Texas.
>City(s) = Austin; State(s) = TX; Country = USA.
>Title = Austin, TX, US - Video.
>Keywords = Austin, Hill Country, Texas, TX, college town, Live Music Capital of the World, Colorado River, village Waterloo, Stephen Austin, father of Texas, State Capitol, University of texas, Whole Foods Market, Greenest City, Austinites, Blanton Art Museum, Harry Ransom Center, Memorial Museum tower, LBJ Presidential Library, Austin Bats, Bob Bullock Texas State History museum, ourtripvideos, our, trip, videos, crlapindfrn, Deep Eddy Pool, Darrell K Royal memorial Stadium, Austin City Limits Music Festival, Austin skyline, Lone Star Riverboat, Overtures Sightseeing Tours, Duck Adventures, Mount Bonnell Park, Austin Zoo (131)