Mobile is a city in the state of Alabama in the South of the US with almost a half million people in the metro area.
Mobile is a historic, diverse port city with a strong southern culture and heritage. The original capital of French Louisiana, Mobile is home to the oldest Mardi Gras celebration in the US.
Located at the junction of the Mobile River and Mobile Bay on the northern Gulf of Mexico, the city is the only seaport in Alabama. The Port of Mobile is the 9th largest port in the US.
As one of the Gulf Coasts cultural centers, Mobile houses several art museums, a symphony orchestra, a professional opera, a professional ballet company, and a large concentration of historic architecture. Mobile is known for having the oldest organized Carnival celebrations in the United States, dating to the 1700s of its early colonial period. It was also host to the first formally organized Carnival mystic society or krewe in the United States, dating to 1830.
* MODA Free electric trolley that serves downtown with 22 stops, available Monday through Friday from 7am - 6pm.
* The Wave Transit System is Mobiles public bus service.
* Historic Fort Conde, 150 South Royal Street - Recreation of a fort built in 1723.
* Bellingrath Gardens, 12401 Bellingrath Gardens Rd. in Theodore, Alabama.
* Battleship Memorial Park, 2703 Battleship Parkway.
Battleship Memorial Park is a military park on the shore of Mobile Bay and features the World War II era battleship USS Alabama (BB-60), the World War II era submarine USS Drum (SS-228), Korean War and Vietnam War Memorials, and a variety of historical military equipment.
* Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, Dauphin, 36602 Mobile.
* Bragg-Mitchell Mansion, 1906 Spring Hill Avenuel.
* Gulf Coast Exploreum Science Center, 65 Government St.
* Take a Cruise; Carnival Cruise Line operates their Fun Ship - Holiday from the port of Mobile. Four and five day Western Caribbean cruises.
* Dauphin Island, Hwy 193, 23 miles south of Mobile. Sandy beaches, Historic Fort Gaines, fishing pier, campground, bird-watching sites, the Dauphin Island Sea Lab and Estuarium, and the Isle Dauphine Golf Club are all on the island.
Mobile is the third most populous city in Alabama. Mobile began as the first capital of colonial French Louisiana in 1702.
>City(s) = Mobile; State(s) = AL; Country = USA.
>Title = Mobile(Fort Conde, City, Battleship Memorial Park), AL, US - Video.
>Keywords = Mobile, AL, US, Alabama, French Louisiana, oldest Mardi Gras, Mobile River,Mobile Bay, Gulf of Mexico, Alabama seaport,Mobile Port, Carnival mystic society, krewe, MODA, ourtripvideos, our, trip, videos, crlapindfrn, Free electric trolley, Historic Fort Conde, Royal Street, Battleship Memorial Park, USS Drum, Korean War, Vietnam war Memorials, Carnival Cruise, Dauphin Island (236)