Mystic is a village located partly in Groton and partly in Stonington in Connecticut. It is a major tourist destination.
Mystic is a popular tourist destination because of Mystic Seaport, Mystic Aquarium, the touristy shopping downtown, and its maritime heritage. It is home to many marinas, historic ship-captain's homes, galleries, and traditional boats offering day-sails. Mystic is also near Foxwoods Casino.
The village is located on the Mystic River, which flows into Long Island Sound, providing access to the sea. The Mystic River Bascule Bridge crosses the river in the center of the village.
A major New England tourist destination, the village is also home to the Mystic Aquarium & Institute for Exploration, and notable for its research department, dedication to marine life rehabilitation and not captivity, and its popular beluga whales. The business district on either side of the bascule bridge where US 1 crosses the Mystic River includes many popular restaurants including Mystic Pizza.
* Mystic Seaport - The Museum of America and the Sea, 75 Greenmanville Av. The nation's largest maritime museum. A living history museum on 17 acres. It has preserved both a number of sailing ships (most notably the whaler Charles W. Morgan) and the seaport buildings ashore. Old historic port used in the filming of many movies, including Amistad(Steven Spielberg, 1997).
* Mystic Aquarium and Institute for Exploration, 55 Coogan Blvd.
* Mashantucket Pequot Museum and Research Center, 110 Pequot Trail, Ledyard.
* Olde Mistick Village, A fun, outdoor shopping area with food, entertainment, and lots of shopping. With over 60 shops, this is a fun place to go on a family outing if you have nothing to do.
* Denison Pequotsepos Nature Center, 109 Pequotsepos Road.
* Mystic Ballet, Inc., 325 Mistuxet Ave.
* Steamboat Sabino at Mystic Seaport, Mystic Seaport, 75 Greenmanville Avenue.
* B.F. Clyde's Cider Mill, 129 North Stonington Road.
* Argia Mystic Cruises Three sails every day May through October aboard a traditional sailing ship.
* Mystic Whaler Cruises, 35 Water Street, New London, CT.
>City(s) = Mystic; State(s) = CT; Country = USA.
>Title = Mystic Village and Seaport, Mystic, CT, US - Video.
>Keywords = Mystic Village, Seaport, CT, US, Pictures, Video, ourtripvideos, our, trip, videos, crlapindfrn, Groton, Stonington, Connecticut, Aquarium, downtown, maritime heritage, marinas, historic ship, captains homes, galleries, boats, Foxwoods Casino, Mystic River, Bascule Bridge, Pizza, Mashantucket Pequot Museum, Olde Mistick, Mystic Ballet, Cruises, Steamboat Sabino (197)