Description - Published on Oct/11/2010
Memphis is the largest city in the state of Tennessee. The state rests in the southeastern portion of the US. The city's claims to fame include Graceland, the mansion Elvis Presley lived in during his later years. Maybe more importantly, Memphis is the considered by many to be the home of blues music.
Although downtown Memphis has experienced quite a rebirth and renewal in the last few years, the center of the city is older; it is full of new development, teeming with change and coming into its own.
Memphis is on the southwestern corner of Tennessee, with the Mississippi River and the state of Arkansas bordering it to the west and the state of Mississippi to the south.
* Downtown Memphis. Buy a ticket and take the trolley to get a good overview of the area.
* Beale Street - "Home of the Blues". Dozens of bars and clubs, most of them featuring live music.
* Mississippi River. River tours available most days through a variety of providers. Tom Lee Park is a nice place to view the river.
* National Civil Rights Museum, 450 Mulberry St.
* Belz Museum of Asian & Judaic Art, 119 South Main St.
* Ornamental Metal Museum, 374 Metal Museum Drive.
* Fire Museum of Memphis, 118 Adams Ave.
* Mud Island River Park, 125 North Front St. - The park is accessible by monorail, made famous by a chase scene in the movie "The Firm". The park contains a museum of the Mississippi River and a scale model of the river. Visitors are welcome to remove their shoes and wade through the replica mighty Mississippi. The "Gulf of Mexico" is a large pool in which visitors may rent paddle boats. At the tip of the park is an excellent vantage point of the city and the river. The northern end of the island is occupied by HarborTown, a model community. Entry to the park is free.
* Memphis Rock 'n' Soul Museum, 191 Beale St.
* Sun Studio. Numerous blues, rock 'n' roll, and rockabilly recordings were made here.
* Sleeping Cat Studio, 341 1/2 Monroe.
* Memphis Zoo.
* The Pink Palace.
* Overton Park.
* Lichterman Nature Center.
* Memphis Botanic Garden.
* Shelby Farms Park.
* Graceland - Home of Elvis Presley, "The King of Rock and Roll".
* Stax Museum of American Soul Music, 926 E. McLemore Ave.
City(s) = Memphis; State(s) = TN; Country = USA.
Title = Memphis, TN, US - Video.
Keywords = Memphis, TN, US, Tennessee, Graceland, Elvis, Presley, blues, music, Mississippi, River, Arkansas, Beale, Street, Home, of, the, tours, Tom, Lee, Park, National, Civil, Rights, Museum, Belz, Ornamental, Metal, Fire, Mud, Island, Rock, Soul, Sun, Studio, ourtripvideos, our, trip, videos, crlapindfrn