Video Description - Published on Jul/15/2010
New Bedford is in Massachusetts on the southern coast. New Bedford's excellent harbor made it a natural fishing and whaling center. It was the world's premier whaling port in the nineteenth and for a time "the richest city in the world" and "the city that lit the world" because of whale oil production.
* Buttonwood Park Zoo, 425 Hawthorne St.
* Schooner Ernestina, New Bedford State Pier.
* New Bedford Art Museum, 608 Pleasant Street.
New Bedford Whaling National Historic Park
* Park Visitor Center, 33 William Street. Free national park volunteer and ranger-led tours last approximately one hour and step off from here at 10:30AM, 12:30PM and 2:30PM every day in July and August.
* Waterfront Visitor Center, Wharfinger Building at Pier 3 take pedestrian overpass on Rodman St. An exhibit interprets present-day commercial fishing and the building's past as the city's seafood auction. Start your waterfront adventure here by taking a self-guided tour of the working waterfront, a harbor tour at 12PM, 2PM, or 4PM (fee) or a ferry ride to Martha's Vineyard or Cuttyhunk island (fee).
* New Bedford Whaling Museum, 18 Johnny Cake Hill.
* The Rotch-Jones-Duff House & Garden Museum, 396 County St.
* The Seaman's Bethel, 15 Johnny Cake Hill Rd.
City(s) = New Bedford; State(s) = MA; Country = USA.
Title = New Bedford(Whaling National Historic Park), MA, US - Pictures.
Keywords = New, Bedford, MA, US, Pictures, Video, Massachusetts, ourtripvideos, our, trip, videos, crlapindfrn, harbor, fishing, whaling, center, whale, oil, production, Buttonwood, Park, Zoo, Schooner, Ernestina, Art, Museum, National, Historic, Visitor, Waterfront, Rotch, Jones, Duff, House, Garden, Seamans, Bethel